Monday, April 20, 2009

$2 million if she leaves her clothes on.

Oracle has purchased the computer server and software maker Sun Microsystems for $7.4 billion. This was big news for stockholders and employees of the two companies and anyone who still gets excited when the new clip-on ties come out.

President Barack Obama held his first formal Cabinet meeting on Monday and asked the members to cut out $100 million from the federal budget. This was a big change from George W. Bush’s first cabinet meeting when he asked the members to cut out asking Dick Cheney all the questions.

The broadcast industry announced that Washington D.C. will be the first U.S. city to get free digital TV broadcasts for mobile devices like cell phones, laptop computers and in-car entertainment systems. This was pushed through by Republicans in Congress who would rather watch Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the smallest possible screen they can get away with.

According to a new study, overweight people eat more than thin people and are more likely to travel by car, making excess body weight doubly bad for the environment. The worst offender is Santa Claus, who also makes holes in the ozone with reindeer droppings.

The U.S. military is testing a 5-pound guided missile that’s about the size of a loaf of French bread. The missiles are designed to be carried by either Predator drones or undercover agents disguised as wine-and-cheese vendors.

A 13-year-old boy in Sheffield, England, set a world record for the longest slam dunk with a nearly 23-foot-long leap with the aid of a trampoline. He’s hoping to someday be drafted by the team that always loses to the Harlem Globetrotters.

The Texas Senate is considering proposed legislation that would end a minimum grade policy and allow teachers to give students a score lower than 50. The rule change is supported by Texas Governor Rick Perry who can use the under-50 grades to pinpoint people who will support him in having the state secede from the Union.

The woman who was arrested for allegedly trespassing at Britney Spears's California home claims she’s making a documentary about Britney. She’s hoping to expose Brittney’s lip-synching in a film called “An Inconvenient Mic.”

An Iowa State University study found that 8.5 percent of U.S. youths age 8 to 18 can become behaviorally addicted to video games. The other 91.5 percent are addicted to twittering about their game-addicted friends.

A new study found that eating one and a half servings of tart cherries can significantly boost anti-oxidant activity. What’s even better, tying the cherry stems in knots with your tongue can significantly boost dating activity.

The video of Susan Boyle’s unexpected performance on “Britain’s Got Talent” has set the record for the number of Internet views in a week. She’s so popular, Hugh Hefner has offered her $1 million to pose in Playboy, $2 million if she leaves her clothes on.

The book given by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to President Obama has rocketed to the top of the Amazon sales rankings. Chavez is lucky Amazon fixed its ranking program or the book would have been kicked out for his comments that being president made him feel gay and that he drinks homogenized milk every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment